I did a small test to see if performance was linear with time.
I wanted to make sure it was suitable for my application.
It seems with both indexed and unindexed tables it doesn't take
significantly longer to do the 1,000,000th insert than it did the
first.

=====

---------------------------------

"Lord Tarlington gazed upon the crazed Egyptian hieroglyphics on the walls of
the ancient tomb of the petrified pharaoh, he vowed there would be no curse on
him like on that other Lord, unless you count his marriage to Lady Tarlington
who, when the lost treasure was found, will be dumped faster than that basket
in the bulrushes."
  Melissa Rhodes

The Castles of Dereth Calendar: a tour of the art and architecture of Asheron's
Call
http://www.lulu.com/content/77264