Hi,

I am currently using Sqlite3.0.8 in our application. We have a functional
requirement wherein we need for our tables to have unique Primary key
value irrespective of deletions/additions.

To be in detail, even if i delete the last row in a table, the subsequent
addition should not reuse the integer primary key of the last deleted row.
I find that this functionality is available in Sqlite 3.1 by defining
AUTOINCREMENT for the primary key column. But porting to 3.1.1 is a
tedious task the sqlite database engine is ported onto an ARM 7 platform
and I dont have time to perform port to 3.1.

I request details of what code needs to be modified so that I get this
AUTOINCREMENT functionality implementation as a default functionality in
3.0.8. i.e. for all tables in my database running on the modified Sqlite
engine, I require that the integer primary key is never reused.

Please help in this regard.

Thanks in advance,

With regards,
Sankara Narayanan Balasubramanian.