The error messages provided by SQLite seem to be very helpful, can you use them?

like: if (rc) glua_errorN( "sqlite3 error %d: %s", rc, sqlite3_errmsg(db) );

Aside that, shouldn't the table name (mri) have quotes ('mri')?
What's the $con_no doing without quotes as well. Use ?1 for binding stuff if that's what you need.

-ak