I use column names. I have created a wrapper around sqlite3 (and other SQL engines) in a developmeny environment I have written to enable the programmer (or user for that matter) to access an SQL result set using an object where the property names are the column names.

However - having duplicate column names (without aliasing them), or using an unqualified "*" when querying a select statement with more than one table in it is really bad practice - and I do not think the ANSI standard specifies how that should be dealt with so I do not think sqlite CAN do it "wrong" in that case.

Eddy