On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 07:30 -0500, Christopher R. Palmer wrote:

> It looks to me like this test assumes that no other process currently has a
> lock on this file.  If any other process has any lock on this file, I
> believe one or both of the locking calls will fail which will trick sqlite
> into believing that the locks are fd specific, not process specific.
>
> Am I reading this right?

I do not know if this is right or not.

The test in question only occurs once per process, the first time
a lock is acquired on any file.  If the problem is as you describe,
a simple work-around would be to open a dummy database (perhaps in /tmp)
and do a BEGIN EXCLUSIVE in order to get the test to run.  The close
and delete that database.  Once the test has run, the system knows
the locking behavior of the system it is running on and will not
attempt the test again.
--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>