To: <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 9:59 PM
Subject: Re: [sqlite] write invoices

Jan Ekström said:
I have created a small sqlite3-database with three tables. When I have
done
my qeuries I want to write invoices based upon my data. In what direction
do
I turn. Where can I find open source free programs for this purpose.
Windows
Home Edition.

Where you turn depends largely on what language you want to use. If you're using C, I strongly recommend checking out PDFLib from Thomas Mertz. It's a very easy to use little library that lets you generate high quality PDF files. PDF files have the advantage of being useful for printing as well as emailing. Many businesses like the cost savings of emailed invoices.

If you're wanting HTML output, my own libtemplate is a good choice for
generating your output (http://www.lazarusid.com/libtemplate.shtml).
Plain text files are also nice for their portability, and printf or your
language's built in facilities for generating formatted text are strongly
to be preferred.

Clay Dowling
--
Lazarus Notes from Lazarus Internet Development
http://www.lazarusid.com/notes/