On Thu 17 Mar 05,  4:10 PM, Reid Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> > I read that in a NSP book awhile ago (Linux Cookbook).  It's
> > faster than "%s/ //g".  Very handy.  But which problem does this
> > address?  :)
> >
> > Pete
>
> This is some PHP code on Linux.  I suspect it was originally written
> > > on a Microsoft operating system because when I edit the files, my
> > > editor reports the textfiles as being "dos" (they contain
> > > carriage-return and linefeeds at the end of each line).
>
> reid

Oh, I was just telling what platform this was executing on.  The problem was
with quoting, not with what the end of line for textfiles is.  I don't think
that the internal format for the sourcecode textfile is the problem here.
The problem was with unescaped single quotes confusing sqlite.

Sorry for the confusion!

Peter