List,

I'm new to the concept of embedded databases, but it seems to be the
ideal solution for a project I'm developing for school/ my church.
Along with any resources you might recommend one question has been on
my mind for awhile.

As SQLite progresses and I update my source with new releases,
recompile and deploy is this going to cause the existing database
files to become "outdated" or no longer work?  My guess is no for a
particular branch (ie 3.x) but I want to be certain.  Is there
expected compatibility breaks later in development? To what extent?

If such breaks happen, with the existing framework of SQLite, how hard
might it be to transfer over to a newer release?  Examples from 2.x to
3.x might be helpful.

Thanks for any input.