Use PRAGMA table_info.
<http://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html#schema>

- Jan

On 30.3.2005 11:05, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I need to be able to read all table names in the database, and further all
attribute
names in each table. ( am using DBD::SQLite in Perl)
For gathering all the table names I've used the sqlite_master table. The problem
is that the information on the attributes of each table is returned as a string
:
eg:
Type : table
Name :  names
Table Name :  names
Root Page :  2 CREATE TABLE names (id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, name)

I plan to use the SQL::Parser library in order to derive all attribute
information
from this string. Is there a better way to go about it ?
My aim is to find something equivalent to "DESC tablename" (used in sqlplus)

Thankx

NaveD. /--------------------------------------------------\
| Need Insurance? Netquote the oldest and |
| largest online quoting service. |
| Life Health Auto Home Renters and MORE |
| |
| http://www.netquote.com?nqid=10537&status=0002 |
| Register YourName @ MyPersonalEmail.com Today! |
| http://www.MyPersonalEmail.com |