Clay Dowling wrote:

Bill Henderson said:

I have the Dev-Cpp IDE installed and have successfully compiled and
linked
several test programmes and am satisfied that dev-cpp is functioning
correctly.

Bill,

You need to generate the libsqlite3.a library, which you can do with
dlltool.  I don't remember the syntax off the top of my head, but it's
fairly simple.  It will use the .def file to associate the exported
functions in the DLL with a handle in the .a file.  Once you link to the
.a file your binary will automagically load the DLL file when it runs.

If your distribution doesn't include a DLL you can generate a static
libsqlite3.a library by compiling everything into a static library except
the tcl bindings and the command line client file (don't remember the name
for this, something like client.c).  Static binaries definitely make for
easier distribution.

Clay

Bill,

Actually it's much easier than that. The GCC compiler used by DevCpp can link directly to the sqlite3.dll file. Simply add your sqlite3.dll file to the Linker list on the Parameter page of the the Project Options dialog. You also need to ensure that you have added the path to the sqlite3.h header to the Include Directories list on the Directories page of the Project Options dialog.

HTH
Dennis Cote