Since you produce the statistics once per month on a schedule
it would be more efficient to not have an index. The index will slow down daily
operations each time a record is inserted. Copy the database file once per
month to a 'snapshot' file. Add the index to the snapshot database and
then produce your statistics. Make it a scheduled task that runs the night
before you need it.

--
---
You a Gamer? If you're near Kansas City:

The Castles of Dereth Calendar: a tour of the art and architecture of
Asheron's Call
http://www.lulu.com/content/77264