I'm not sure how your network is set up, but if you're using 100mbps
ethernet, the full- table-scan queries are only 4-5 times slower over the
net.   Wouldn't that be the same order of magnitude as the ratio of link
speed to ATA local disk bus speed?

As for the inserts, if you're achieving over 36,000 of these per second, are
you perhaps in a CPU-bound state rather than a disk-bound one?

Given that there's no sqlite server software on the network host, scanning
full tables 50 or 60 times a second sounds awfully fast to me --- though I'm
an admitted newcomer to databases and may have some faulty logic here.

I wonder if placing sqlite on the host, and adding something like SQRELAY
would be worth the time to setup?   If your queries are much faster, you
might consider keeping it, or using a more conventional database like
postgres or mysql.

Donald Griggs

Opinions are not necessarily those of Misys Healthcare Systems nor its board
of directors.