Hello Dr. Hipp,
Hello dear sqlite users,

while working with sqlite v3.2.1, I've noticed another annoyance in the way
sqlite returns column names (besides the bug with #1141, duplicated as #1218).

Using sqlite command line, enter the following:

sqlite3 test.db
create table test(Field1 text(20));
insert into test values ('a value');
select field1 from test;

Field1
a value

notice the uppercase F from Field1, although field1 is requested.
So, it seems that sqlite returns column names as defined in schema, not as
requested by the user. This may not seem a big problem, but it becomes one when
working with columns and trying to refer them by name and not wanting to do a
case-insensitive comparison (I'm using a std::map to store columns).

Any ideas? Should I write a ticket?

If this is so hard to resolve, could someone point out the routine in which
sqlite computes column names? I could try to solve it myself and post a patch.

Thanks.