Hello Dr. Hipp,
Hello dear sqlite users,

> > And I don't really think I'm asking much: all I want is that when I ask
for
> > Field1 column, the database engine to report Field1 and not FIELD1.
> >

> Set PRAGMA short_column_names=OFF; and that will happen.
> Why doesn't that solution work for you?

Hmmm, too much caffeine and less sleep! I didn't notice, neither by reading
the docs nor by experimenting with command line tool, that setting
short_column_names=OFF is just what I need and think is the correct way of
handling column names.

Sorry for insisting so much. I didn't want to start a riot...

Thanks again.
George.