On Tue, 3 May 2005, Tom Shaw wrote:

At 6:09 PM -0400 5/3/05, D. Richard Hipp wrote:
On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 17:45 -0400, Tom Shaw wrote:
 Hi.

 I was using SQLite with PHP 5 (MacOSX) and due to some issues the php
 page timedout before completing the DB update. Now I can't read the
 DB via php nor via the sqlite command line tool. I keep getting DB
 busy/DB locked.  How do I repair the DB and remove the "lock"and
 either 1) try to recover the data in the DB or 2) verify the data is
 OK and begin to reuse.

SQLite is suppose to automatically repair itself. If you are getting "locks" that stick around, it must mean that PHP is somehow holding the database open (and locked) after it times out. Try shutting down and restarting your webserver and see if that doesn't clear the problem.

Richard,

I restarted Apache - No luck :-)  Any other ideas?

The current DB is only 144K if you want to look at it.

is your db nfs mounted?

No but the entire directory was also being accessed via webdav. Doing a restart cleared the problem but I hope not to have to do that in the future when it happens.

Tom