On 5/5/2005 at 07:58 Henrik Bruun wrote:

>Thanks.  If I try to break these 200MB files into smaller chunks
myself
>and insert the pieces into individual rows are there any
recommendations
>as to a row size (10K, 64K, 1MB...)?  and do I need to make any *.h
>constant file changes to indicate that I want to work with larger row
>sizes (or was that only applicable in the previous versions)?

This can work, but I think it is the wrong solution.   A typical
database will be about twice the size of the contents.   (more or less
depending on a lot of factors, many of which I don't know)   sqlite is
meant for structured data.

The answer of where to split the file should be obvious based on how
the file is formed, that is you shouldn't be doing arbitrary splits on
the file and combining the pieces latter (it will work but it is slow).
Instead you should look at the contents and design a database schema
that covers the contents of the file, but doesn't have the file itself.
  This way you can use sqlite to search for individual fields in the
file.