On May 17, 2005, at 2:07 PM, Jay Sprenkle wrote:

rowid won't work in a multiuser database. It's just the row number within
the result set you retrieved. This sort of problem is the reason why people
use a unique id field. The database automatically assigns you a number
that won't change and isn't shown to the user (they can't change it either).

Good point. Right now I'm just trying to solve the single-user part of the problem. I'd like to users not to have to worry about unique ids and such when they go through the wrapper to edit database records.