Hi,

I've created a sqlite database with about 140 MB filesize which is
going to be shipped on cdrom. The database is read by a java
application. I made some rought speed comparision between the database
being on cdrom and on hard disk. On startup a tree is filled
with data from two tables. When reading the data from disk it takes
about 5 sec., but reading it from cdrom it takes 100 sec. (the cdrom
is a less than 1 year old modell).

I wonder if there is any way to speed up reading the data from cdrom.
One of my ideas is to change the way the database is created in order
to place data in a particular table in blocks near to each other.
Currently, all tables are filled in parallel, meaning that records
of a particular table are inserted during the whole database creation.
I suspect this leads to datablocks spilled over the whole file which
increases access time.

Would it help to create one table at a time?

  Uwe
--
  MMK GmbH, Universitaetsstr. 11, 58097 Hagen
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]