To: <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 10:37 PM
Subject: [sqlite] SQL question

I have 2 related table:
CREATE TABLE Ingredients(
   ID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,
   name TEXT,
   description BLOB,
   property_ID INTEGER
);

CREATE TABLE Properties(
   ID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,
   price double
);

When I create a new Ingredient I would like to create a new property for this ingredient and setup its property_ID.

because there is no stored procedure I was thinking to use a trigger like this one:
CREATE TRIGGER create_ingredients_property AFTER INSERT ON Ingredients
FOR EACH ROW
BEGIN
   INSERT INTO Properties () VALUES ();
   UPDATE Ingredients SET property_ID=ROWID WHERE ID=OLD.ID;
END;

but it doesn't work....
I could do with some help for the SQL syntax :D