Hello,

Is there a way to delete all rows in a table without SQLITE generating
temporary journal files?

I'm using SQLITE in an embedded system with a *very* slow flash disk and
journal file creation for some operations (ie. deleting 1000s of rows from a
table) is killing performance. When I 'delete from table;' to clear a table,
a journal file is created and grows in size to approximately the size of the
'delete from' table until the operation completes and the journal file is
removed.

On my system, deleting a table containing only a few thousand rows can take
a few minutes, since writing the journal file takes so long.

I understand why the journal files exist, but would like to disable them in
some situations.

-Randy