Hi,

I am completely new with SQLite. My friend has a mp3-Player (I think it was a
Phillips iPod like device) and asked me if I can put him some music on.
Unfortunately I discovered, that you can do it only with the Windows-Program
belonging to the device, because they have a database-file in which they
write all the information about the musicfiles stored on it.

Curious, I looked inside the the databasefile with an editor an I found that
line:
** This file contains an SQLite 2.1 database **

So I downloaded the file on my Linux-computer.

Today I downloaded SQLite and I tried to open the file with the
commandline-tool.

When I do .tables or .databases I get this error:
Error: file is encrypted or is not a database

I searched the mailing-list -archive, but did not find any hint.
What is the problem?
May it be that I copied the file from the device to my computer?

Thanks for any hint
Karl Sinn