3. Now i dump my SQLite 2.8. database using .dump command and got following
script:
BEGIN TRANSACTION;
create table codes(code TEXT);
INSERT INTO codes VALUES(00);
INSERT INTO codes VALUES(011);
COMMIT;

4. It works great when recreating the SQLite 2.8 database, but when run on

This looks like a bug in sqlite 2.8. First, the dump command should use single quotes for those values. Second, sqlite 2.8 should treat them as numbers when inserting(since they are not string literals). Unfortunately for you, I believe that most peoples response would be, either use 3.x or fix the .dump command yourself in sqlite 2.8. I wouldn't think it would be that hard. In fact, you could just change the dump command to quote all the values unconditionally, and everything would still work.

John LeSueur