On 2005-07-25 at 10:58:04 [+0200], David Fowler
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks Charlie, thats exactly how I should be doing it. I would imagine
> there are some performance benefits from doing it this way too. Now I've
> just got to make it work for my select that involves six not two tables!
> Looks like I'll be getting my thick SQL book out for a while.

SQL in a Nutshell is pretty good.

There shouldn't be any performance benefits if the engine is working
properly but it is emminently more readable. You may well hit problems with
your SELECT * approach with names colliding, especially when you start
adding UNIONs. It is always advisable to use explicit relational variable
names (columns).

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark