> Hi There
>
> After executing a query I get the result back and can traverse it using
> sqlite3_step. This is fine for most systems, however for what I wish to
> use
> SQLite for, I would need something similar to stepForward, stepBackward,
> stepToFirst, stepToLast.
>
> The application where I'm going to use it is when showing a list items
> from a
> database table in a window. If the window can display 5 items, there is no
> need to load more than 5 rows in the beginning. Here sqlite3_step is
> sufficient. But
> if the users press up arrow, it should take them to the bottom of the
> list,
> and I would like to use something similar to setToLast. If the user keep
> pressing up, I would need to stepBackward.
> I know this might not be something for the sqlite database. How would you
> go
> about wrapping this interface? I know it is a broad question and your
> suggestion is very much appriciated! :)

Any thoughts/brainstorming would be great from anyone :)

Personally I don't have much experience with programming a database and
the theory in it. But I suppose that in order to be able to go backward,
the results already iterated through must be kept(at least a reference to
it, something like rowId). If setToLast is used, I must use the
sqlite3_step in order to find the last entry and then cache the other
results.

Is there an easier way??

Cheers
Kim B.