Hi,
   I have 2 process accessing the DB, one reading and the other
writing. Often the process reading the DB could take long and could
block the other process from committing a bunch of records to the DB.
I noticed that when the reader process has the lock and the writer
process tries to commit a bunch of records in the DB, the writer
blocks forever till it obtains the lock? Is this intended? I could
also always try to commit a little later and the approach works well
for my particular app. Can the behavior be changed?
Thanks.