Thanks for the replies.

My first assumption was that it was a memory issue. It seems that this is only
a problem with an UPDATE command, we do not have the same problem when using
the INSERT command with the same number of columns. Will the UPDATE command
require more memory to execute?

My embedded platform is as follows:-

Processor: Sharp ARM7 LH79520
Memory: 2Mb - SRAM cypress

Our stack size is:- 0x7800 bytes (approx 30k)
Our heap size is:- 0x1C6000 bytes (approx 1.7Mb)

The code is compiled using the IAR EWARM complier.

Thanks again.