On Aug 5, 2005, at 9:15 AM, scunacc wrote:

Perhaps, but as I was working up to this - dry-running and dbx/gdb'ing
the code I wanted to avoid actually verifying the SQL against extant
database tables (and running any kind of caching "preparation"), so I
was approaching it from a "ground up" perspective - not wanting to
actually do an sqlite3_prepare.

Yes, I thought that might be what you were after. I think it would be very useful to be able to run SQL through a syntax checker without having to have an open database. Actually, I'd like to see a callback system in the parser itself. I've run into situations where I wanted to be able to parse some SQL and extract various bits and pieces from it. It would be cool if we could register callbacks in the parser to receive various pieces of SQL as they become available.