On Sat, 2005-08-20 at 09:06 -0700, Will Leshner wrote:
> On Aug 20, 2005, at 1:25 AM, Edwin Knoppert wrote:
>
> > v3.2.1, i opened a textfile containing a simple list not related to
> > sqlite.
> > Was testing my error handler but it still opens it.
> >

> Do you mean you called sqlite3_open? I believe sqlite3_open does not
> yet test to see if the database is truly a SQLite 3 database. And I
> can't remember the exact details, but I think it is possible that if
> you open a non-database and then start trying to use it, SQLite blows
> away whatever is in it and turns it into a SQLite 3 database. So you
> might want to be kinda careful about opening non-databases with SQLite.

Not quite correct.

sqlite3_open just sets up the database handle.  It does not
actually open the database file or check to see if the file
really contains a database.  The file is not actually opened
until you try to do something with it.

SQLite never "blows away" a file that is not a database.

--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>