OK, I've attached an example corrupt db to ticket #1382. My problem is in sqlite-2.8.15. I'm going to try using setjmp() and longjmp() in place of assert() to catch errors and return to the main function.

--Noel

----- Original Message ----- From: "D. Richard Hipp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 5:11 PM
Subject: Re: [sqlite] catching asserts from sqlite

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 16:48 -0700, Noel Burton-Krahn wrote:

The bug's not in SQLite. We're recording in an environment where disk files
can become corrupted.

SQLite is suppose to respond to a corrupt disk file by
returning the SQLITE_CORRUPT error code.  If instead it
hits an assert, that indicates a bug in SQLite.

The regression tests for SQLite read literally thousands
of examples of corrupt databases trying to verify that
SQLITE_CORRUPT is always returned correctly.  But trying
to identify every possible form of file corruption is hard.
Clearly you have found a case we have missed.  Please report
it.
--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>