ok, I pinned it down. it is a genuine bug, and has nothing to do with
dlls and wrappers.

to reproduce, do this:

1. open the command-line utility on a database (or even with no
database, it does not matter)
2. type this:

SQLite version 3.2.5
Enter ".help" for instructions
sqlite> pragma empty_Result_callbacks=1;
sqlite> analyze;

this will crash immediately.
in general, if empty_Result_callbacks is set, AND the database is
analyzed, sqlite crashes consistently.

the reason it appeared in sqlite3Explorer is that it sets the pragma by
default.

DRH, pls check this.