On 11/03/2016 02:13 PM, sanhua.zh wrote:
I notice that SQLite may not call msync for mmap. Instead, it calls the fsync.
As my search, fsync does not imply the msync. See
this,https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.unix.programmer/pIiaQ6CUKjU

So, is it necessary call a msync for SQLite?

Probably not in the default configuration, at any rate.

SQLite mmap-mode only works if the system has a unified page-cache. Which is why it is disabled on some platforms (OpenBSD and others IIRC).

Also, unless SQLITE_MMAP_READWRITE is defined at compile time, SQLite uses write() calls to modify to the db file, even though it reads the file by memory mapping it.

Dan.