On 11/21/16, David Raymond <david.raym...@tomtom.com> wrote:

> Following the nice SQL diagrams it looks like in a select you can only have
> * or table-name.*, whereas in other places you can have
> schema-name.table-name. Granted, the second version can be made prettier and
> more readable, but I would have assumed the first version would be ok. Is
> this par for all SQL versions?

I don't know what other database engines do, but you are correct that
SCHEMA.TABLE.* is not allowed in SQLite.  And since the "*" forms are
considered bad style (to be used only interactively, and not in
applications) we are not motivated to change it, lest developers be
tempted to use "*" in their applications.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org