Igor
Ok so in order to fix it I should assign the result of conversion to some
variable?

Thank you.

On Dec 2, 2016 9:07 PM, "Igor Tandetnik" <i...@tandetnik.org> wrote:

On 12/2/2016 8:39 PM, Igor Tandetnik wrote:

> On 12/2/2016 6:56 PM, Igor Korot wrote:
>
>>         res = sqlite3_bind_text( stmt, 1,
>> sqlite_pimpl->m_myconv.to_bytes( tableName.c_str() ).c_str(), -1,
>> SQLITE_STATIC );
>>

> SQLITE_STATIC tells SQLite that the string will outlive the statement
> handle. But in fact, you are passing a temporary buffer, deallocated at
> the end of the statement. Your program exhibits undefined behavior.

Upon re-reading, that sounds ambiguous. What I meant was, the temporary
string is deallocated at the end of the C++ statement in which it was
created - in other words, at the nearest semicolon. It gets pulled right
from under a live SQLite statement.

--
Igor Tandetnik