On 5 Dec 2016, at 9:46pm, Scott Hess <sh...@google.com> wrote:

> I don't think so, that seems like it could result in corruption.
> Unless you mean something more like causing the OS to block all fsync
> calls on the filesystem and release them as a single uber-sync?

Yeah, that’s what I meant.  It would just cause the device to suspend all
writing until you gave it another command which released it all.  Obviously
it’d have to sync anyway if it ran out of caching space.

Seems like the sort of call a device driver might have.  And Chromium should be
able to talk to its storage at that level.  But I don’t recall if I’ve ever
seen it.  So I’m glad the development team has your back inside SQLite.

Simon.