On 1/26/17 8:05 AM, Hick Gunter wrote:
The OP proposes intializing the structure member with "0" instead of "(void*)db",
which I read the other way around and reminds me of certain implicit equivalences 0 <==> (void*)0,
on eof which was recently discussed here.

Perhaps the OP's Compiler does not allow initialization of a dynamic structure
with a parameter value.

If the structure is a static/global, then the initializers need to be compile time constants for C. If this is a function local object (which it looks like), that initialization with a variable is perfectly legal (but perhaps VC is warning that the presence of the variable is going to make that initilization less efficient, as it can't just make a static copy of the initialization value and memcpy that to the variable).

--
Richard Damon