I can only get to our customer machines by jumping into a server that has
access to both sides of the network.  Our side, and the customer side.  I
can't get to a customers machine directly.  The &H is out, but I'm already
doing the rest.

The image in my head of what my program is going to do is that I feed it a
date range, a server I'm interested in, and optionally provide text that
further filters the information I'm looking for.  Once I have the filtered
data, I'd have a list of days that I'd been on that exact server, and/or
entries that mention my subject server, and I can see the text only
pertaining to that machine and date range.  I'd be able to read the full
set of activities on that machine for that day, and not have to hop around
to multiple log files..  This would get rid of the concept of many log
files as well, since all files are now one.  Kind of Borg-ish?