On Thursday, 2 February, 2017 18:56, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> The behavior is correct.

> I have adjusted the documentation to try to avoid ambiguity.  See
> https://www.sqlite.org/docsrc/info/f6e2eab4e71644b1 for the
> documentation update.

The ROWID chosen for the new row is at least one larger than the largest ROWID
that has ever before been inserted in that same table.

would perhaps something like:

The ROWID chosen for the new row is at least one larger than the largest ROWID
that has ever before been inserted, or currently exists, in that same table.

be more accurate since newrowid = max(1, largestinserted, max(rowid)) + 1 ?