It will if you add AUTOINCREMENT

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Auftrag von Clyde Eisenbeis
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 02. Februar 2017 15:12
An: SQLite mailing list <sqlite-users@mailinglists.sqlite.org>
Betreff: Re: [sqlite] Does SQLite use field definitions?

What about the INTEGER PRIMARY KEY (defined in my first email post)?
Does this field start at 1, and then auto increment for each new line?

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 5:02 AM, R Smith <rsm...@rsweb.co.za> wrote:

> On 2017/02/01 5:41 PM, Clyde Eisenbeis wrote:
>>
>> I don't see MEMO listed.  I needed to use MEMO in Microsoft Access to
>> handle char strings longer than 256.
>>
>> However, I don't see any complaints by SQLite when I use MEMO.
>

> SQLite will never complain about anything you use as a type. What you
> should to use is TEXT. In SQLite any string value, of any length* can
> be stored in any column, but will be "handled like text" when the
> column is of the TEXT type affinity, and also allow a collation
> method. Honestly, you can put the text of the complete volumes of Don
> Quixotic in a single TEXT field in a database.
>
> * - As long as the string memory doesn't exceed 4GB, the char-size of
> which may differ based on encoding, and if you add the quoted string
> to the query text directly (as opposed to binding it via the API),
> then the maximum size will be governed by the max character length of
> the query input, which can be configured via the API also. You can add
> the string as memory bytes as a BLOB to go bigger, but then you lose
> collation capability.... I'll stop there, it's probably more unnecessary info
> than you wished for already.

 Gunter Hick
Software Engineer
Scientific Games International GmbH
FN 157284 a, HG Wien
Klitschgasse 2-4, A-1130 Vienna, Austria
Tel: +43 1 80100 0
E-Mail: h...@scigames.at

This communication (including any attachments) is intended for the use of the
intended recipient(s) only and may contain information that is confidential,
privileged or legally protected. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this
in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail message and
delete all copies of the original communication. Thank you for your cooperation.