jose isaias cabrera <jic...@barrioinvi.net>
Sent: February 13, 2017 10:32:00 AM
To: sqlite-users@mailinglists.sqlite.org
Subject: [sqlite] Faster check: > or !=

Greetings!

I have a bunch of records to check, and I am wondering which is a faster
check.  I am attaching a network DB as client,

ATTACH 'h:\bkup\test.db' AS client;

and then do an INSERT based on some logic, and one of those login is
checking against a variable or an actual DB value.  Here are the
different SQL syntaxes:

BEGIN;
  INSERT OR REPLACE INTO OpenProjects
    SELECT * FROM client.OpenProjects
      WHERE id IN
      (
        SELECT id FROM client.OpenProjects
        WHERE
         client.OpenProjects.id = id AND
         client.OpenProjects.ProjID <= 133560 AND
         client.OpenProjects.XtraB != XtraB  -- change
      );
END;

BEGIN;
  INSERT OR REPLACE INTO OpenProjects
    SELECT * FROM client.OpenProjects
      WHERE id IN
      (
        SELECT id FROM client.OpenProjects
        WHERE
         client.OpenProjects.id = id AND
         client.OpenProjects.ProjID <= 133560 AND
         client.OpenProjects.XtraB  > '2017-02-10 00:00:00'  -- change
      );
END;

Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

josé
information from Lytx, Inc. and/or its affiliates, and are intended solely for
the use of the named recipient(s). This e-mail may contain confidential
information of Lytx and its customers. Any dissemination of this e-mail by
anyone other than an intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you are not
a named recipient, you are prohibited from any further viewing of the e-mail or
any attachments or from making any use of the e-mail or attachments. If you
believe you have received this e-mail in error, notify the sender immediately
and permanently delete the e-mail, any attachments, and all copies thereof from
any drives or storage media and destroy any printouts of the e-mail or
attachments.