On 15 Feb 2017, at 6:53pm, Jens-Heiner Rechtien <jrech...@adobe.com> wrote:

> Please try the following with the restored database:
>
> The query
> *select * from albums, album_asset, cacheReferences, coreInfo, space limit 1;*
> will hang as well.
>
> The query
> *select * from albums, album_asset, cacheReferences, coreInfo, coreMD5 limit
> 1;*
> on the other hand runs very fast as only the first rows of each table are
> concatenated. Run Time: real 0.005 user 0.000317 sys 0.000248.

Interesting.  I have verified that these all execute in the expected short
times:

select * from albums, album_asset, cacheReferences, coreInfo limit 1;

select * from albums, album_asset, cacheReferences, coreInfo, coreMD5 limit 1;

select * from albums, album_asset, cacheReferences, space limit 1;

whereas this one appears to hang:

select * from albums, album_asset, cacheReferences, coreInfo, space limit 1;

It’s using 100% CPU time (on a multicore CPU).  Sampling suggests that the CLI
is spending almost all its time doing paging and caching calls.

I’m using SQLite version 3.16.0 2016-11-04 19:09:39.

Simon.