On Wed, 1 Mar 2017, Stephen Chrzanowski wrote:

Where is the database being stored?  What OS is the software running
under?  If Windows, I'd suggest looking up SysInternals and downloading the
package to see what has its grubby hands on the database.  If Linux, as
root, run an LSOF (Lower case) and grep for the database or process
accessing the database.

This is an embedded Linux system. Due to available resources, lsof is not available, but we can learn about open file descriptors from the /proc filesystem (via 'ls -l /proc/[pid]/fd').

Many of our processes have a database connection open all the time. I am assuming that the problem is a hung (not commited or rolled back) transaction. I am hoping that sqlite provides a way to know what process is currently performing an update transaction.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn