On 03/04/2017 01:22, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
Do you have a concrete example for such a statement?

Yes. I need to re-assemble the large data packet that comes in portions. I would like to use a blob field for this. I don't want to store parts in separate records, because this is essentially one file.

So far sqlite is failing, because the handle returned by sqlite3_blob_write is invalidated by the updates to the other fields, and sqlite3_blob_open/sqlite3_blob_close are too slow to call them on every fragment.

I would like to maintain the record like this:

table file {

    id integer,

    num_done integer,

    num_total integer,

    data blob

}

File metadata and data all in one record. Blob handle gets invalidated when metadata is updated, and it's too expensive to open/close the blob every time.

Due to these two problems sqlite can't support this reasonable, IMO, use case.

Yuri