> On Mar 9, 2017, at 7:55 AM, Keith Medcalf <kmedc...@dessus.com> wrote:
>
> Why are you using SHARED_CACHE since it does not sound like you have memory
> constraints on cache size, which is the primary (only) reason you would ever
> want to use shared cache since the penalties for doing so are significant.

What about for reducing I/O? If the cache is shared, presumably the number of
read calls will be correspondingly reduced.

I’m considering using a shared cache to cut down on I/O, as well as memory. If
I use a pool of connections for read-only queries from multiple threads, it
seems like a win to have them share a cache. I’d use a separate connection with
its own cache for writes. Does that make sense?

—Jens