Statistics, even if generated at run-time, might be useful.

One option, at least per the CLI, might be to output a variant of DRH's
last SQL to be read back in. I've no idea as to the portability of this
onto embedded systems, but it works "okay" on the CLI and on desktop
apps...my test file was fairly large and I'm including views, which add to
the overhead.

SELECT

CASE WHEN rowid == (select max(rowid) from sqlite_master where type in
('table','view') and name not like 'sqlite_%')

THEN printf('SELECT "%w", count(*) FROM "%w" ',name,name)

ELSE printf('SELECT "%w", count(*) FROM "%w" UNION',name,name)

END counted

FROM

sqlite_master

WHERE

type

IN ('table','view')

AND name

NOT LIKE 'sqlite_%'

;

Dynamic SQL would be very helpful here, but I haven't seen it on SQLite.
Maybe if an attached db could be leveraged...?

Regards.

Brian P Curley