On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 14:36 -0400, D. Richard Hipp wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 10:48 -0400, Mark Drago wrote:
> > However, it seems that for every rollback that I do there is a file left
> > in the directory with the databases.  I have 30-something files named
> > like the following: 'ame_log.db-mj0E2E1262'.  ame_log.db is the filename
> > of the main log database.  The contents of the file are the full path to
> > the main log database's journal and the full path to the attached queue
> > database's journal.  Should something be getting rid of these files?
> > Has anyone else seen this?
> >

> Those are the "master journal" files.  They are used to make
> sure that commits to multiple databases occurs atomically.
> They should be deleted automatically.  I do not know why they
> are not being removed for you.  I will look into it.

I don't know if this is going to help tracking down this issue or not,
but it seems to take nearly a half a second for the "insert into queue;
begin transaction; move from queue to main log; delete from queue;
commit transaction" process to complete.  Could this have anything to do
with how the databases are being synced to disk?  I'm trying to think of
anything that I'm doing that could be weird or out of the ordinary and
running 'pragma synchronous=off' on the two attached databases is really
the only thing I can think of.  Any other ideas or things I should look
in to?

Mark.