On 4/1/17, Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:

> SQLite depends on having its database closed correctly using
> sqlite3_close().  If that’s not happening, you may experience more problems
> like the one you reported.

I think the key point is that the observed behavior is not a problem.
SQLite is working correctly.  The log message has an error code of
SQLITE_WARNING.  It is merely letting you know that the last
application to use the database did not shutdown cleanly, so the
current process is having to spend a few milliseconds to reread the
whole WAL file and reconstruct a corresponding -shm file.

The OP seems really concerned that SQLites does not go ahead and run a
checkpoint after recovering the WAL.  I say that if running a
checkpoint is important to you after a recovery, then have your
application do it.  Running recovery and running a checkpoint are kind
of unrelated things and I don't see why one should imply the other.
But if the OP want a recovery operation to always checkpoint, that is
really easy to implement in the application.
--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org