... and where will it stop? Someone will then ask for 'SELECT COUNT(*) ...
WHERE ...' changes.

Agreed, leave things as they are.

rayB

|         |           Darren Duncan    |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           can.net>         |
|         |           16/09/2005 14:19 |
|         |           sqlite-users     |

At 8:56 AM -0500 9/15/05, Puneet Kishor wrote:
>Hence, it might be worthwhile maintaining the meta information no
>matter what... most of the folks won't ever notice it, and everyone
>would marvel at how quickly COUNT(*) was returning the results.

You are assuming that everyone wants to do a count(), but many people
don't; for them, putting that in the core slows things down; for
people that do want it sped up, the trigger option is perfectly valid.

I support leaving things the way they are, with no extra meta-info
maintained.

-- Darren Duncan

************** PLEASE CONSIDER OUR ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING *************
******************* Confidentiality and Privilege Notice *******************

This e-mail is intended only to be read or used by the addressee. It is
confidential and may contain legally privileged information. If you are not
the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the
message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone,
and you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply
e-mail. Confidentiality and legal privilege are not waived or lost by reason
of mistaken delivery to you.

Qantas Airways Limited
ABN 16 009 661 901

Visit Qantas online at http://qantas.com