Do you have the LargeSystemCache set to 0 or to 1?

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management

If the machine is *not* running anything and is "just a file server" the you
want LargeSystemCache=1 and DisablePagingExecutive=1

If it runs any applications at all (that is, anything that did not come with
the default install of the OS) then you want LargeSystemCache=0 and
DisablePagingExecutive set depending on whether or not you want the OS itself
to be swappable (which depends on how much memory you can afford -- if you can
afford more than 4 GB, set DisablePagingExecutive=1 to increase performance by
forcing the OS kernel to remain in V:R memory (the parts in V=R always remain
resident)).

You should also make sure all the "I can't afford more than 256 KB of RAM"
features that do nothing other than slow the system down when you have suffient
resources such as SuperFetch, Prefetch, etc. are disabled.  They really
adversely affect performance unless disabled.

So, you have not yet said what the *real* issue is.

Is this causing a preformance issue (which would include VirtAlloc failures or
Commit Failures -- also known as Out of Memory errors), or are you just upset
that the RAM for which money was paid is actually being used for something?

--
˙uʍop-ǝpısdn sı ɹoʇıuoɯ ɹnoʎ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı