Look at:

http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=DateAndTimeFunctions

Alternatively, you could use the c library's time() or gettimeofday() and store the result in an INTEGER column (which in sqlite can hold 64-bit values, if you need the full resolution from gettimeofday).

In either case, remember to think about localtime vs. UTC.

Doug Hanks wrote:
Hello,

I would like to use the sqlite3_bind_* functions to bind data to a
TIMESTAMP column.

With regular SQL I can use the following command:

INSERT INTO TABLE (completed) VALUES(date('now'));

The data('now') function returns the current date.

What is the correct method in the C API to have the same functionality?

If there is a better way to handle timestamps perhaps with another
column type, please let me know.  I am flexible.

--
- Doug Hanks = dhanks(at)gmail(dot)com