On 28 Jun 2017, at 3:24pm, Dan Kennedy <danielk1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> sqlite3_shutdown() will not close any open file descriptors or free any other
> leaked resources.

Ah.  I read that it calls sqlite3_os_end() and the documentation says

"The sqlite3_os_init() routine does operating-system specific initialization of
the SQLite library. The sqlite3_os_end() routine undoes the effect of
sqlite3_os_init(). Typical tasks performed by these routines include allocation
or deallocation of static resources […]"

I guess I missed the word "static" there.  So if something unpredicted happened
SQLite there’s no way to tell it to tidy things up the best it can ?  You just
have to quit the process ?

That’s two wrong things I’ve posted today.  Must try harder.  Sorry about that.

Simon.